Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Millsaps-Wilson Library | Millsaps College | 601-974-1073 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Links for Building Quizzes
Quizzes and ADA Compliance
If you have a student who needs extra time on a quiz, the following steps will tell you how to create an override in your course to allow only certain students extra time on quizzes.
- Set up the quiz with the normal time limit that will apply to most of the students taking it.
- Once your quiz is ready to go, click on the quiz from the main page of the course.
- Click the quiz editing gear and select "User overrides" from the menu.
- Click "Add override". On this page you can override any of the existing quiz settings for one or more users.
- Select the user(s) from the "Override user" dropdown box.
- Change any of the settings you want. You can change the time limit for the quiz, the number of attempts, change the open/close window for the quiz, and make a password required for a user to take the quiz. You can also just change the time limit setting here and leave the rest as-is.
- Once finished, click the Save button.