Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Millsaps-Wilson Library | Millsaps College | 601-974-1073 | firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Course Connect?
Course Connect, powered by software called Moodle, is a course management system (similar to Blackboard). It allows faculty to upload syllabi or other files, host discussion forums, accept assignments electronically, create wikis, give quizzes, collect surveys, grade students and much more. Course Connect is optional and does not directly link to class rolls or official grades. Committees, departments and administrative offices may use Course Connect to share information to specific groups of users.
Course Connect is the Millsaps College Learning Management System (LMS). It allows students, faculty, and staff to participate in and create an online academic experience that coincides with in-person classes on campus.
What can I do on Course Connect?
As an instructor on Course Connect, you can:
- Create an online course that complements your in-person instruction
- Enroll students in a course
- Create assignments for students to complete online
- Take attendance for class
- Post updates and announcements for the whole class to see
- Grade student papers and other assignments
- Keep an online Gradebook
- Post images, videos, articles, and other resources for students
- Design a course that reflects your personal teaching style
- Create Turnitin assignments to check for plagiarism
Check out our FAQ page!
Contact Rachel Long, Instructional Technologist
Phone: 601 974 1072
Phone: 601 974 1073