Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Millsaps-Wilson Library | Millsaps College | 601-974-1073 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright and Archiving
Use of the Course Connect requires faculty commitment to the following:
- While using Course Connect, faculty should recognize there is an ongoing risk of technical problems including, but not limited to, server and network downtime and software "bugs."
- Faculty should keep their own local copies of all important course-related files, which may include the course grade book and any files or material that have been uploaded to the Course Connect server.
- Although Course Connect is a closed environment, faculty are responsible for ensuring that they do not infringe copy right with the resources they choose to include in their Course Connect space. The Columbia University Libraries has some useful information on their site - Posting Course Materials Online. If you have questions about our copyright policy, contact the Millsaps-Wilson Library.
- So the system can operate efficiently and to accommodate future growth of Course Connect, courses are retained for 4 years and then purged from the system. For example, a course from Spring 2009 will be deleted after Spring 2013. Faculty will be notified before their course is deleted.
- If faculty wish to retain the course for their own records, they may back up all or part of their course to a zipped format and store it in another location. Or faculty may request that the Course Connect administrator make a zipped copy of their courses(s) on CD-Rom or other external media. Faculty are required to provide the external storage media.
- The Course Connect software will change over time and so no guarantee is made that archived courses will be restorable on future versions of Course Connect software.
- Final grades entered into Course Connect are not considered part of the official academic record. Only grades submitted to the Registrar's office are the official academic record.
- Non-academic / Special Courses (Clubs, organizations, committees, etc.)
- Special courses will be kept active until the owner requests the course to be removed from Course Connect. Owners of these courses may back up their course content at any time and store it on their own computer based on the needs of the represented group. Owners may be contacted on a yearly basis by the Course Connect administrator to determine if the course is still in use.