The instructions below will show you how to add either a course-level Cengage link which will direct students to your course dashboard, or a homework link which will direct students to a specific assignment you have created in Cengage. Please note that in order to add a Cengage tool to your Course Connect course, you will need to use Firefox web browser to access courses.millsaps.edu.
Adding a Course-Level Cengage Link
In order to link assignments, you must first establish a course-level link. A course-level link will direct students to your main Cengage course on the Cengage website, where they can then navigate to assignments or readings.
1. To add a course-level Cengage link in Course Connect, first navigate to your course and Turn Editing On.
2. Under the topic where you want to add your link, select Add an Activity or Resource.
3. From the window that opens, select External Tool.
4. On the Tool Settings page that opens, give your activity a name.
5. Select Cengage from the drop-down menu labeled Preconfigured Tool, and then click Select Content.
6. You may be prompted to login if you have never added a Cengage tool before. If so, use the window that opens to sign in to your Cengage account.
7. After signing in, you will select whether you are linking a homework platform or an eBook.
8. After selecting either eBook or Homework Platform, you will be able to search for the text that you would like to link to your course.
9. After searching for and locating the correct text or platform, select the Link to Course button to the right of the item.
10. The next screen will prompt you to link your course and enter some additional course information. If you are creating a new Cengage course, select Create a New Course.
If you have already set up your Cengage course through the Cengage website, select Link to an Existing Course and follow the Cengage prompts, then move to Step 13 of this guide.
11. Give the course a name, and adjust the start date, end date, and time zone as needed. Scroll down and select Continue.
12. On the Gradebook Settings page, select Add Activity Score.
13. Scroll down and select Continue. You will be brought back to the Course Connect assignment.
14. Do not adjust the name of the assignment.
15. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save and Return to Course.
When your students click on the course-level link, they will be directed to the Cengage website, where they can interact with your course. Below is an example of the interface they may see.
Adding a Homework Link to your Course
1. Follow steps 1 - 5 in 'Adding a Course-Level Cengage Link' to add the Cengage tool to your course.
2. After clicking Select Content, you will be brought to the screen below. Use the arrow icons to expand your options until you locate the assignment you would like to link.
3. Tick the circle next to the assignment you would like to link, and check the Add to Gradebook box if you would like to add the assignment to your Course Connect gradebook.
4. Scroll down and select Continue. You will be brought back to the Course Connect assignment.
5. Do not adjust the title of the assignment.
6. Scroll down and select Save and Return to Course.
When your students click on the new homework link, they will be brought to the assignment on the Cengage website. Below is an example of the interface they may see.